Just because you have a job to fill your time doesn’t mean that you have the right income to fill your bank account. Life is great, but life can also be expensive! A side hustle may be a great way to get you the extra income you have been needing without giving up your full time job. It doesn’t have to take much more of your spare time, but an extra job can fill the gap that is created between what you earn and what you need to earn to keep your lifestyle going. So, what could you be doing to fill in the gaps in your income? We’ve got six suggestions for you below!
1. Consulting. When you have a talent or a knack for a niche, you can turn it into an income. Whether you are good at beauty, business, dating or nutrition, you can start to consult on pretty much everything you want to. Make sure your price is right, your hours are good, and you enjoy it, though, because otherwise, what’s the point? I use Fiverr a lot for consulting jobs. Things that you may find easy - like graphic design, video editing, SEO, marketing, etc. are things I do not know anything about so I often outsource these and give repeat business to good consultants!
2. Landlord. If you’ve got the space to rent out a room, an office space, or even a second home, think about becoming a landlord. Letting out a house on a site like this one or renting out a spare room can earn you a little more money than you think! Have a read up on the rules of renting out a room in case I affects your taxes or it is against your current lease or homeowners association but with sites like HomeAway you are just a few minutes from having your potential rental in front of hundreds of thousands of renters!
3. Driver. One of the best things you could do as an evening job or a weekend role is to make deliveries. You can check out UberEats driver sign up to work out whether it would be right for you. There is also grocery delivery from Instacart. I am a power user - read I don't cook or go grocery shopping at all - for both of these services The hours are the most attractive thing to most people, though, because you can work it around your day job and be able to earn the extra money that you need.
4. Personal Trainer. If you’ve got a passion for the gym and you enjoy working out, you could take a course to help you to qualify as a personal trainer. Not only can you work on building your own client list, you could easily turn this into your day job if you were successful as a personal trainer. Plus if you are leading fitness/training classes you may be able to get a free gym membership or get paid just for working out! Winning!!
5. App Development. If you’ve got a good idea for an app, why not get your development hat on and get it brought to reality? You can make money if you create something that people will actually want to use. I have known people that have made a fortune developing apps and if you have a knack for that kind of tech it is definitely worth exploring.
6. Influencer/Podcaster. I could not do a side hustle post without my favorite side hustle Polished Professionals and the Not Wonder Woman Podcast. I have told you about what I think it takes to be a good influencer and start to bring in a little more cash in my prior posts. It definitely takes some time to get a large following but micro influencers - read less than 10,000 followers - can still make good money. Think about niche work with your targeted following and think about local stores that may love to get your local audience into their brick and mortar stores! Those will be some of the best places to use your influence!
Extra money is something that may have been elusive but we hope these ideas give you some inspiration. All you have to do is go out and earn it. Work it around your day job and you’ll be making a killing!
Shameless Plug - Want to help me with my hustle? Click the links below to check out my curated summer work wardrobe picks below - many under $50. That is one way I make my money as an influencer! You could do it too! I am always happy to answer any questions you may have! And do you have more side hustles? Tell our readers about those below!
M.E.L. is an attorney and small business entrepreneur whose mission is to help professionals conquer the workaday world with style and poise.
FOLLOW POLISHED PROFESSIONALS AT
DESIGNER BAG DUPES
STARTING AT JUST $10