Have you been thinking about lightning up your hair for spring and summer but not sure how to do it? Don't want a huge commitment? Well here are few of my tried and true blonde ambition products that have always done me right and each of them is under $10!
1) A Little Lighter - so maybe you don't want to go all the way blonde but just want a little natural blonde shimmer in hair or easy, at home highlights? If so I recommend this spray. It is easy to apply all over your hair or just in certain areas so if you just want face framing blonde only spray there. It is not a hugely immediate result - you will definitely notice the first time you use it but I do recommend a few uses, especially if you have dark hair. My brunette bestie uses this with ease to give natural all over highlights to her hair. This same product is also my go to blonde root touch up. Spray right on the roots after your shampoos and then blow dry. After 3-4 uses you will notice a lift in your color without any harsh break of your hair line and you may be able to skip the salon for a month and extend your do!
2) Wash in the Blonde - this shampoo and conditioner is my year round shampoo since I am a year round blonde. But if you just want to see your natural highlights come through without any harsh chemicals I highly recommend this shampoo. Plus it smells great.
3) All of over lift - I have recently gotten into these over the counter glosses. You used to have to spend a ton of money at a salon to get a glossy look brought back to your hair but now we can do that at home. The idea behind the gloss is an all over lift to your hair color instantly after your wash. It also helps restore some more luster back to your hair. This is my go to gloss that has really worked for my fine, color treated hair. It helps bring back color as well as shine which I desperately need when my hair is getting lots of sun in the spring time. The best part of this is that this gloss is available in two different blonde shades as well as 2 red shades and 2 brunette shades!
4) Blonde for keeps - After you have fulfilled all your blonde ambition dreams, make sure you can see your lighter tones with a clear hairspray. Some hair sprays will dull the color of your hair but this high gloss hair spray will make sure your lighter tones really stand out! It works on any color hair and it has great staying power with some flexibility. The high gloss finish will allow your highlights to be the...well...highlight!
To the blonde and the beautiful!
Click on pictures below to be taken directly to these products.
I have recently been talking about getting your skin ready for spring. One of my favorite things to do to really treat my skin is a microdermabrasion. But the cost of a microdermabrasion at a spa can run from $150-$250 easily. Yikes! A microderm is so good to help remove dead skin and allow you to have a fresh, spring glow! So how do you get a microdermabrasion without the spa cost?
I have found an at home microdermabrasion product that I love! I have linked it here and it is just $159! This is a product you can use again and again for the price of one microdermabrasion appointment at a spa.
I love microdermabrasion because it helps even skin tone and texture. It also reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, blemishes, and enlarged pores—allowing makeup to glide on smoother and skin care products to penetrate deeper and work even better after your use this microdermabrasion. And, this product is not just for your face. It comes with a Hand & Foot Kit to keep hands and feet extra-smooth all spring and summer! Hello sandal season!
This at home product comes with several different levels of microdermabrasion heads. You should start with the least abrasive of these heads so you can build up a tolerance and make sure your skin is ready for this kind of deep exfoliation. I used the first head for about a month before switching to a more heavy duty microderm head. There are great instructions for you to follow to make sure it works perfectly for your skin type and your needs.
Click on the pictures below to go directly to this microdermabrasion kit and to get some of my spring time exfoliators to slough off those winter blues! Enjoy!
We talked about getting our face ready for the spring but what about the rest of our body? I know my skin is dry from winter weather, I have zero color or luster. I need some help! These are a few of my favorite body products that you can start using now to get your body in shape for spring break and shorts and swimsuit weather!
The first thing I do is use a dry brush - everywhere! Dry brushing is good for you all year round because it helps flush the lymphatic system and keep skin dimples at bay. It also helps exfoliate skin so can slough off dead skin cells. Try a great dry brush here for just $14. I also put a great guide below on how to dry brush.
The next thing I like to do is an all over body scrub. This is especially important on your really dry areas like elbows, knees, and heels. The next thing I do is moisturize well exfoliated skin! But I have one product that does both so you can just consider this one step! The body scrub I link here not only has a scrub to exfoliate but moisturizes with super soft organ oil! And it smells amazing!
Once my skin is exfoliated and moisturized, I am ready for a tanner and bronzer to give a little color to my face and neck and even to my arms and legs. I linked a water proof powder here that I love to use on my face - it does not sweat off or come off after a dip in the pool. I also use this on my legs to go down the front and to help contour a little on my arms in sleeveless outfits. this is a little known trick that really helps slim your silhouette and create definition without gym time! Love it!
For my body I like to use a tanning towel as opposed to a self tanning mouse or spray. It is cleaner to me and allows for an even application without having a tanning mit. This is the brand I use most often here and it is always great for travel because it is not a liquid! How great is that!
Hoping these few tips get your body buffed and ready for a great spring! Just click on the pictures below to be taken to the products (use arrows to scroll right and left).
It is almost spring and I desperately need to get my skin ready for this warmer weather. I don't know about you but winter is tough on my skin - it is really drying but yet I still will get breakouts. It also seems to highlight my wrinkles. So what to do?
I found an amazing mask kit that is sure to fix any of your of your skin woes. This kit has five different, high end masks with everything you could possible need to get your skin ready for the spring. Even better it is only $75 but is a $230 value!! If $75 is a little steep for you, I also found a mini version of this amazing mask set for just $25 (a $44 value) - just click here!
Check out this for more details and read more below.
Which skin type is it good for?
What it is:
A collection of this brand's most popular masks to detoxify, repair, hydrate, and polish skin.
- Uneven skintone
If you want to know more…
This five-piece set of multitasking masks will leave skin refreshed, smooth, nourished, and healthy-looking. The cooling, moisturizing Cucumber Gel Mask helps soothe dry, irritated skin, while the antiaging 24K Gold Mask Pure Luxury Lift & Firm Mask is enriched with 24K gold and colloidal gold to improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Nutrient-rich Blue Marine Algae Intense Hydrating Mask calms and nourishes with blue marine algae and other potent humectants, and the powerful, highly effective exfoliating Pumpkin Enzyme Mask addresses a dull, aging, and congested complexion. And the purifying, decongesting Irish Moor Mud Purifying Black Mask contains odorless Irish moor mud to draw out dirt, oil and impurities as it infuses skin with moisture and vitamins.
This set contains:
- 1.7 oz Cucumber Gel Mask
- 1.7 oz 24K Gold Mask Pure Luxury Lift & Firm Mask
- 1.7 oz Blue Marine Algae Intense Hydrating Mask
- 1.7 oz Pumpkin Enzyme Mask
- 1.7 oz Irish Moor Mud Purifying Black Mask
- Signature mask applicator
You can click on the picture below to take you to this great set!
To the spring and a face that's ready to face it!
M.E.L. is an attorney and small business entrepreneur whose mission is to help professionals conquer the workaday world with style and poise.
FAV BEAUTY PRODUCTS BELOW