Business Trip Packing List
I have been traveling a ton this month (and have throughout my career). I don't know about you but I like to pack relatively light so I don't have to check my luggage or pay the extra fees for that. But, I still want to feel like I have everything I need. So I have put together a few of my must have items that are always in my suitcase. While these work for business trips, they are also great for leisure trips too. The packing list:
1) A scarf - A scarf is a great substitute for a bulky sweater and is so much more versatile. I use it as a blanket to keep warm on planes or roll up as a pillow to sleep. I also use a scarf as a coverup at the pool. Last but not least a scarf can be used as a great dirty laundry bag.if you lay it flat and pile in your dirty clothes.
2) This do it all soap- Dr. Bonner's Peppermint Soap. This soap can be used as a shampoo, face wash, laundry soap, and mouthwash since its made from all natural ingredients. It also acts like a moisturizing oil and clears my sinuses in a pinch. I like to buy the big bottle of this and put it in small bottles but you can also buy small bottles. This product is certified organic.
3) Do it all cream- Boroleum is a great drug store ointment. This ointment works like a lip balm, cuticle cream, moisturizer, and sunburn reliever. This product makes room for other liquid products in my limited liquid carry on.
4) Duct tape - This staple is always worth packing. I can have a makeshift clothing line to dry out my clothes, a lint roller to clean up my clothing, or a sewing kit for quick repairs. It also doubles as a luggage tag in a pinch.
5) Hard side suitcase- I like a hard side suitcase because it ensures my packed items don't get smashed through long flights. Also it doubles as a table/tray for breakfast in bed when you are in small spaces. I usually opt for a reasonably priced bag to withstand a travel beating but never too expensive - because travel beats up luggage and I don't want to be too attached to an expensive piece of luggage.
6) Small Make Up Eraser - see my previous post here on why I love this no product needed makeup remover.
Just click on these go-to items below and use arrows to scroll left and right. Did I miss any of your go to travel items?
9/30/2017 06:41:39 am
I never would have thought of duct tape, but that's going on my packing list. I love hard cases too - in unusual colors. When I do have to check my bag, I want something easy to pick out.
Leave a Reply.
M.E.L. is an attorney and small business entrepreneur whose mission is to help professionals conquer the workaday world with style and poise.
POPULAR BLOG POSTS
POPULAR YOUTUBE PLAYLISTS
FOLLOW POLISHED PROFESSIONALS AT
Last Minute Gift Guide