Are you ready in 10-20 seconds to tell someone what you are about in business? Can you make that pitch in the length of an elevator ride? Here are some quick tips to your great elevator pitch...
1. Concise. Your pitch should take no longer than 30-60 seconds.
2. Clear. Use language that everyone understands. Don't use fancy words thinking it will make you sound smarter. Your listener won't understand you and you'll have lost your opportunity to hook them.
3. Powerful. Use words that are powerful and strong to grab their attention!
4. Visual. Use words that create a visual image in your listeners mind. This will make your message memorable.
5. Tell a Story. A short story, that is. A good story is essentially this: someone with a problem either finds a solution or faces tragedy. Either type of story can be used to illuminate what you do.
6. Targeted. A great elevator pitch is aimed for a specific audience. If you have target audiences that are vastly different, you might want to have a unique pitch for each.
7. Goal Oriented. A great elevator pitch is designed with a specific outcome in mind. What is your desired outcome? You may have different pitches depending on different objectives. For instance do you want to: make a sale, gain a prospect, enlist support for an idea, or earn a referral.
8. Has a Hook. This is the element that literally snags your listener's interest and makes them want to know more. This is the phrase or words that strike a chord in your listener.
Sources for this post and Resources to learn more (click on links below):
I hope these few tips have helped you think through some the high points of creating a good elevator pitch. You know that the way you look is also part of your elevator pitch so I have put together some of my go-to, effortless work looks that are sure to enhance your perfect elevator pitch. Click on the pictures below to be directly to this easy professional look - so you can spend your time working on your elevator pitch and not fussing about what to wear!
M.E.L. is an attorney and small business entrepreneur whose mission is to help professionals conquer the workaday world with style and poise.
FOLLOW POLISHED PROFESSIONALS AT
DESIGNER BAG DUPES
STARTING AT JUST $10