I have told myself there is no budget for keeping me looking and feeling young. I am trying to fight the good fight on this. I hit my 40s this year so I definitely have tried the good, the bad and the ugly when it comes to beauty products.
I should tell you something about my skin - sensitive, sensitive, did I mention sensitive. Break out in rash sometimes with the wrong perfumes and definitely with jewelry with any nickel in it. I have suffered from acne all my life - even into adulthood and have done absolutely everything to address it (Seriously ask me any questions you want on this - lasers and hormone control have been my best solutions along with some good products). Fair, fair, fair - seriously ivory is often too dark for me. Now that I am hitting my 40s I also am fighting wrinkles. Good times.
This is my best lesson learned so far - there is a reason we buy nice shoes and nice purses - better quality, wear, feel, etc. I think there is a good analogy with face and body products. It took me a long time to figure that out. I used to try lots and lots of products and mix them all together. I thought more was more when it came to results. i often ended up with poor quality products doing poor quality work on my face.
I finally starting using some higher end products and while I know sticker shock can be big, I find you use less of the good stuff with much better results. So here is my top picks for quick and easy face routine
1) Elta MD UV clear - does not make me break out and gives great sun protection. This was recommended by my dermatologist (who is the best - Suzanne Bruce and Associates and I see Dr. Jennifer Peterson). Here is best price I have found for Elta MD UV Clear.
2) La Mer moisturizing cream is so luxurious from the minute you touch it. So little does so much and your skin feels amazing.
3) La Mer Eye Concentrate helps me with dark circles and puffiness and love the wand it comes with! Cool touch makes it so fun to put on.
4) La Cleansing Gel works. I don't really know how to say it but this stuff just really cleans better than anything i have ever used and you can totally feel it.
5) Natura Bisse Tolerance Enzyme Peel is perfect for sensitive skin like mine. This peel is a great once a week treatment to cleanse and refresh your skin and works so well even on those of us with sensitive skin.
To clear, beautiful skin together!
M.E.L. is an attorney and small business entrepreneur whose mission is to help professionals conquer the workaday world with style and poise.
WINTER BEAUTY PRODUCTS BELOW